Sunday 13 September 2009

A Web of Intrigue

Speckled Wood






Painted Lady





Small Tortoiseshell













Garden Spider




I have been committed to work over the past week, and wouldn't you know it summer makes a glorious return. DRAT!!! Not to worry Saturday dawned well and I desperately needed some fresh air, but before I left home I had to try and photograph a garden spider that had built a fabulous web in my patio. I played about with a macro lens I seldom use, as I manually focused and hand held I wasn't expecting anything good to come from the shoot, but I have to say that I am quite pleased with the results.
Then I set off to Martin Mere. Nothing of interest to photograph, I was hoping for some pink-foots, and although a few did land they were too far away to get anything decent, so I turned my attention to the butterflies in the vicinity.
Then I went Mere Sands Wood and immediately bumped into Jackie and David Moreton both photographers and ended up putting the world to rights without taking another shot.
But it was so good to be out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment