Wednesday 2 November 2011

Motorway Madness

I now know why my car wants to go to Southport in stead of heading north up the M6, as yesterday (1st Nov.) I physically forced it to head north for Leighton Moss.
Big mistake.
The traffic in all three lanes came to a halt, I was just short of the M61 junction. Apparently a tanker had overturned and I along with thousands of others was stuck there for one and a half hours. Where's a bloody Buzzard or a Kestrel when you need one, I see them all the time when I'm traveling at 70mph (honest) and can't stop!
Fleetwood had to be the new destination purely for the lack of daylight hours available to me.
AND, as if that wasn't bad enough, I was once again caught up in a jam at more or less the exact same spot on my way home, apparently a multi-vehicle pile up, my guess is that someone was gawking at the aftermath of the mornings accident. Not to worry only one and quarter hours this time, and at least I could do some editing (deleting) to wile away the time.
I managed a few more wader images, but was it worth it I ask you?
Ringed Plover

Oystercatcher
I will be posting more images on my web-site soon.

Fortitude

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment