Tuesday 29 May 2012

One Good Tern........as they say

Over the past few days the heatwave has kept me close to home, not wishing to travel too far in the heat of the day. I have confined my photography to late afternoons but even then the light has been too strong and the contrast too much for my liking, even so I had to try and do something.


Common Tern


Common Tern



Black Tern

Having purchased a 400mm lens I thought to try it out on a pair of common terns that have recently arrived at Yarrow Valley Park and a trip to Southport on Saturday three black terns twisted and turned and skimmed the waters relentlessly. The problem with Marshside as anyone who knows the place is that you face straight into the sun until very late in the day and to add to my woes a stiff easterly breeze had the terns hovering away from for ninety nine percent of the time...still I gave the lens a good try out and managed to pull out a couple of shots.

Fortitude

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad i found your site. Fantastic photos - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have a chat, I was contemplating a 400mm or something... as always smashing photos. best.
    g

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment