Sunday 21 March 2010

It's the Equinox and Spring is Springing




Sunday March 21st is a day of equal day and night and officially the first day of spring and for once it felt like it with lovely warm sunshine, a welcome relief after such a harsh and prolonged winter.
Everything is going to plan on the wildlife front also, today as I walked through a woodland habitat I see my first Brimstone, Treecreepers and Coal Tits are busy house building as is a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, how it doesn't get a headache with all that hammering is beyond me. Frogs by the hundreds are mating and the frogspawn is multiplying before my eyes. A pair of Great Crested Grebe float fast asleep on the water, they wouldn't look out of place on fun fair fishing stall - just catch them in a net and claim your prize - but they are keeping a close eye on the prospective nest site.
By the time I get back to the car I feel I have walked through a Disneyland film set.....is that Bamby I see over there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment